Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm All Growed Up and Gradiated (again)

Hey hey hey! Graduation was this weekend...I don't have pictures yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post them, I promise :) Thursday was awesome. Marcus, Irene, Marisa and I went to the festivities together. We marched into the Marriott Center, looked for their families, and heard a bunch of ppl speak. Elder Uchtdorf and Elder Nelson were part of the line up which was definitely awesome to listen to. After we got outta there, everyone went their separate ways with their families and I scooted on home to eat some mouth watering ramen noodles and oatmeal (yummy, I know) and then headed up to West Jordan to kick it with the family for a few hours. Everyone was mostly beat that night so if I remember right, we all just kinda laid around like bums all night long. Can't really complain with that though, you know?



Friday was the big "walking" day. I walked into the Marriott Center, not ready for the almost 3 hour ceremony that was ahead of all of us, and as I was looking for my family and their promised social cues ("We're the ones waving...yeah, that's helpful...I'm the one in the blue gown with the matching hat and yellow tassel...), I couldn't find them, no matter how hard I looked. Eventually, Jeremy came running down (I was on the end of one of the rows) and got my attention and showed me where everyone was sitting. It took me a while to find them, but I finally did which I was definitely impressed with. :)

It was finally my turn to walk across the stage and receive a "diploma" of which I already had. Kinda anticlimactic, but whatcha gonna do right? They said my name and apparently, my family cheered. I heard nothing though. When asked why I didn't acknowledge them or wave or something, I replied with, "Are you kidding? I was so concentrated on not falling that I almost didn't even hear my name called!" Wearing heels may not have been the best idea, but I survived just fine. After I got my picture taken with Dean Magleby, there were four people in line after her to shake my hand. I didn't who know three of them were, but the second person in line was Elder D. Todd Christopherson! It was so exciting to finally "meet" an apostle! I was actually just complaining to my friends the night before because they had all met a countless number of apostles and I was so jealous. It's been on my list of things to do before I die to meet one for as long as I can remember, and no matter how hard I have tried to see one, I could never get close enough. haha. But, now I've proudly marked one off of my list. I didn't technically meet him, but beggars aren't choosers you know? It was kinda funny because Elder Christopherson was second in line to shake my hand, and as I was moving from the first person to him, he stepped out of line towards me(I'm assuming he was moving somewhere else...I'm not sure where to, but whatever) to shake my hand and then I moved on. It kinda scared me...I was like uhh whats happening? Wait...where are you going? You can't jip me! haha. I seriously woulda chased him down if he left. lol. He said the coolest thing to me though. He grabbed my hand to shake it and then said "Congratulations!" HA! He said congratulations...to ME! Yeah...definitely a conversation I'll remember for the rest of my life. haha. Good times.

After it was over, we high tailed it off to the creamery to have some double scoop, waffle cone, bonding time. It was soooo yummy. My favorite quote of the day from Sydney was "Auntie...sometimes my panties get dirty" hahah I was like uh well...it happens to the best of us kiddo! lol. After a little contemplation, I realized that she was talking about her tights...but it was still hilarious.

The festivities still continue as my sister and her fam are still here. It's been so fun to spend everyday with them! I just love my family! My "no sugar" diet thing isn't working so well....I didn't even last one day. Well, technically, I did if you let me say that that day was my sugar day. Then I cheated on all the other days. lol. I decided that I'll start it after my family leaves. Maybe. The Sunday that I was going to start it was the Sunday that I got released from my calling. I wasn't taking it very well...crying all day n such...and a lot of people gave me chocolate, ice cream and taffy to soothe my soul. hahah it worked... My home teachers took me out for ice cream and ever since my sister has been here, I'm pretty sure we've had some kind of ice cream or Boston cream pie at least once a day. hahaha. Love, love, love it. Maybe I'll try again later...we'll see! haha. Anyway, my fingers hurt from typing so I'm outta here. Love love love yall! XOXO

2 comments:

JA and co. said...

Congratulations on graduation #2! Have you decided what you're doing next?

Meredith said...

Awww Bandaid, you are so silly! Love the panties comment, I forgot about that! It was so fun to see you, you always add so many giggles to our trips up there! Congrats again on graduating, we're so proud of you!