Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baby, its Christmas time!

Alright, so I have no idea how it slipped my mind to get rid of the fall background and put a Christmas one up...Not sure what my deal is. That's so unlike me. hahah. Anyway, they always say, "better late than never" right? You know...who is "they" and why do they have so much power to make up sayings that we use as excuses for our behavior? Lame. One day, I want to be a "they." That's my new goal in life. Well, maybe not, but still...it would be cool.

I have less than a week before I'm done with college forever! WOO HOO. I have two more days of classes (including today) and then lots of studying (and playing of course) then one day jam-packed with finals. I'm so excited to be done. I leave to go back to Texas on Tuesday morning...its gonna be great. Syd called me the other day and was like, "ummm auntie...I know what I want to get mamma for Christmas. When you come home, can you take me shopping?" TEE HEE. I'm so excited. She told me what it was she wanted to get for her and I gotta say, I'm excited to do the shopping. Mostly for the fun me n sydney bonding time, but you know me and shopping...I just love it. Maybe I'll swipe Malla away for a bit too and give Ben and Meredith some chill out time. Who knows. We'll see. Good times with the nieces. I can't wait.

So, I'm kind of freaking out-ish about next semester. My boss told me a couple of weeks ago that they are only going to work me 20 hours per week instead of 40 like we initially talked about and they've gone through so much trouble to keep me here and have expressed how badly they don't want to lose me yet, so I would feel really bad quitting to find a full time job. So, why don't I just suck it up you ask? Well, here's what I'm thinking...I'll only be in Provo until June at the latest...so 6 months. I'm not sure of any company that would want to hire someone for only 6 months. Not to mention that I'll be leaving for Ireland for 2 weeks in the middle of February, so asking for time off right when I get hired would not be something that I'm excited about doing. haha. We'll see though...I'm going to put in my application at Kelly Services to see if I can get other random jobs and Emily suggested that I apply to substitute teach in schools around Provo. Erin said her roommate works at this diamond cutting place that's always looking for more people, so maybe I'll look into that too for a part time gig...I know everything will be alright, it just goes to show that any and all plans that I make always seem to get shot down! The good thing about that though is that I'm finally learning my lesson, so I've stopped making plans that I'm really excited about. hahaha. jk, jk...but for real, I'm learning to not get disappointed when plans that I wanted to have, fell through drastically. One thing I'm sure of: The Lord will guide me wherever I'm supposed to go! Too bad i dont know where that is just yet...but someday I will! :) Anyway, I gotta go observe at Westside so I'll catch y'all later. I hope everyone has a great LAST WEEK OF CLASSES! :) XOXO

2 comments:

Jen said...

I worked through Kelly Services one summer. That was when i had to watch a video of a highway and pause each time a car passed and type in the license plate into the database. HAHA. That sounds good to me to get another part time thing with your old job. Perfect!

Honeybee said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. All plans that I have made in the last 6 months have not come through and have turned out the horrible opposite. I don't know. I guess the Lord is still teaching us lessons. I love what Jordin Sparks sings about..."It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen, and we find the reasons why, one step at a time." I live by that these days! SMILE like you mean it! :)