Monday, October 5, 2009

Family Fun

Conference weekend was great! Its usually one of my favorite weekends of the year. And by 'usually,' I mean, 'always is.' :) I kicked it off by watchin Syd and Malla on Friday night for my sister and brother-in-law so they could go to the temple together and we had a blast! Those girls crack me up and they're so sweet! It was fun to kneel there together and listen to Syd help Malla say her bedtime prayers. Love it! So cute!

Saturday, I taught my dance class and watched the two sessions of conference with a nap somewhere in the middle. (in between sessions of course *teethy grin*) and then I babysat again. These kids are great though. I was sitting there and somehow we got on the subject of Star Wars and they pulled out all of the cartoon DVDs and laid them in front of me. I thought I was looking at heaven itself. haha. Needless to say, we all bonded through that experience. :) Once they were all in bed, I watched 27 dresses...that movie is more like my life than I thought. lol. It almost made me laugh cuz I'm almost positive that I've had some of the exact conversations that they have in that movie. Good times.

Sunday we had our traditional family breakfast, although a part of me did miss the 'conference pancake' from the last three years. The story goes like this...three years ago, we decided to make breakfast with a big group of people before the Saturday morning session. I was in charge of flipping the pancakes...I bet you can see where this is going. lol. I was trying to flip them onto a big plate and I missed... *blushes* Everyone thought it would be funny to leave it there throughout conference and then throw it away once it was over. You can imagine the questions we got when ppl came over. Uh...you know there's a pancake in the middle of your floor right? :) YOU BETCHA! Each conference after that, we always threw one of the pancakes on the floor in spirit of tradition. Conference pancake...how I missed this this time around! We also started up the traditional family back scratch/massage train. We even got Syd and Malla in on it. I'm sure we looked cool. Syd had put bows and crowns in all the girls' hair and we were all layin on the floor in pure bliss. It was great!

Oh, and my favorite talk of conference was Elder Holland's talk. Although, I think that might be everyone's favorite talk! lol Give it a listen if you feel the need! :)

And in super fun news...I leave for Utah this week! *jumps for joy* I cant tell you how excited I am to be back in Provo for a few days to be with my friends. I miss them so much! Provo, here I come!

3 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Hey! What days will you be in Utah again? I haven't been called Tootle-pip in way too long :). Elder Holland's talk was amazing. He is so powerful when speaking that Derrick pretty much just looked at each other and said "wow" when he finished. Yay for conference.

Meredith said...

So I guess we weren't the only ones with the 'wow' reaction! Like Ron-Dude said, thanks for the throw down!!!! :) Next time we have breakfast you are more than welcome to throw a pancake on the floor if that would make you feel better! Thx again for watching the girls, it was fun for both of us to go to the Temple at the same time! Well except for the Brother Patterson / Sister Pledgie thing but you know...pick your battles! :P

Adrienne said...

Hmm I've been trying to watch the girls so both of them could go to the Temple for some time now. Should I be insulted that they always said no?