Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Nine

In honor of it being 9/9/09 tomorrow, I decided to do a little somethin' somethin' with it! Plus, I'm really excited for the new movie, Nine, to come out. :) Holy jeez, its gonna be good! Seriously though, nine has proven to be a particularly good number for me. We moved to Texas when I was 9 which has turned out amazingly. I met my best friend of all time when I was 9...Kami and her family came over on our first Sunday there and we hit it off. We've never failed to have ourselves a great time since then. When I moved into Sparks, I moved into apartment 9. Sparks was seriously one of my favorite parts of my BYU experience. So many of my favorite memories and so many of the people I met that impacted my life, happened there. No, nine is NOT my lucky number...but 8 is, and that's pretty darn close :) So see...nine is great! :) Anyway, I decided, in honor of the number 9 (haha I feel like I'm doing a Sesame Street tribute or something), I decided to list 9 things that most people don't know about me. That is...unless I know you really REALLY well, and/or you've ever lived with me, cuz you just sort of find these things out... Although, some of these, I dont think I've ever told anyone so enjoy!

1. The last time I watched the Land Before Time (a couple of months ago...shocking, I know), I cried when Little Foot's mom died. Yes, some may say I just have a tender heart. I say its because I'm lame and internalize movies too much. haha.

2. Speaking of crying...for a couple of years, I only cried out of my left eye. I have no idea why. That's just the facts. Someone else can explain it to me if they wish, but I'm happy to report that I'm back to normal and have two, fully functioning tear ducts.

3. The two playlists I listen to most on my itunes are musicals and instrumental music. They make any day a brighter day. :)

4. And speaking of musicals...I was thinking the other day about if I could play any role in a musical, who would I most like to be? I haven't succeeded in narrowing it down to the final winner, however, I have managed to narrow it down to...nine! haha jk, although, it did seem appropriate...no no, I narrowed it down to four: Ado Annie, Oklahoma!; Millie, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers; Penny Pingleton; Hairspry; and Eliza Doolittle, My Fair Lady.


Mind you, I'm not counting singing or acting ability in these...that would certainly narrow it down to zero. But in an ideal world, those would be my top four. Which is ironic, seeing as how The Sound of Music has always, and will always be one of my favorite movies, not to mention, my favorite musical of all time. There are just some scenes that I could never get through...mostly the part when they're singing about "I must have done something good." I always laugh far too hard for any normal person, when I watch that part. :)

5. If I could do absolutely ANYTHING for a career (and if it still even existed), my ideal job would be to be a performer on a Show Boat. Again, I'll insert that talent (and I'll go as far to say, dress size) will not be taken into account on this one either. But it would be AMAZING and I'm sure I'd love almost every moment of it! :)

6. I have another favorite flower other than daisies...I just don't tell people about it :) I LOVE pansies. Like seriously LOVE them. I could look at them all day. They just look like they're smiling at me all the time. Although, sometimes they make me think of Alice in Wonderland and that movie kinda creeped me out as a kid. The flowers weren't very nice, and that wasn't cool...

7. Ever since I took my endowments out a couple of months ago, I have made a new goal to do temple work in as many temples as possible in my life time. So far, I've done a sesson in four different temples: Timpanogos, Provo, Salt Lake City and Dallas. I'm hitting up Mesa next week and possibly Vegas, but we'll see how that goes. Verdon said he'd go with me to Manti when I come up to Utah in October. And I'm counting sitting in Kami's wedding in Oquirrh Mountain as doing temple work. I know it's cheating, but until I can go back and do a session there, I'm counting it :) My game, my rules :)

8. I am superstitious. Not like CRAZY amounts, but enough to make me do stuff. Example: I always try to hold my breath when we pass a cemetery and I keep a troll in my car for good luck (a family tradition). I dont think that anything terrible will happen if I don't do all of these things, but I do feel a sense of "luck" when I follow through with them. Like, maybe everything will go my way or something. It's almost like drinking my own Felix Felicis potion (for all you non-Harry Potter fans out there, that's liquid luck basically. Although, I'm not sure how we're friends enough for you to be reading my blog if you don't know anything about HP). :)

9. Here we go....the last one: I have a slight obsession with shoe horns. And when I say slight, I mean, really big. Example: I almost cried when I bent my last shoe horn out of commission. And yes, both of my tear ducts were working at this point. Its a good thing I controlled it, right? :) My fun moment of the day last week was when I was in Ross and I found a decorative sign that says "Life is made of choices...remove your shoes or scrub the floor." Attached is a shoe horn. I saw it and knew that even if I had no use for it, I had to have it. I also have a gargantuan shoe horn that's at least 2 feet tall, compliments of Melly. Thanks, lady-face. You're my hero. And if that's not enough, I always make sure to have two spares just incase of an incident like when I became the incredible hulk and bent my metal one.... *sighs* What a traumatic day. I'm glad that's over...

There you have it...Nine, nine, nine! How I love thee, number nine! I hope yall have a splendiforus 9/9/09 day! XOXO

5 comments:

{B}dreamy said...

I heart you as bad as I heart fairies! *B

jenbwaite said...

I am kinda supersticious too! wow. how do you spell that word? and i also only cried out of one eye. HA weird. i do not, however, own one sing shoe horn! hope you're dng well. heart you!

Isaac said...

So, I too am obsessed with shoe horns. Except that I lost my last shoe horn when I recently moved to a new place. I need a new one BAD. I had to buy that one after the TSA stole my other one in my checked luggage when I flew home last Christmas... Why did they have to take my shoe horn!? I was so mad...

Meredith said...

You're so silly Bandaid! Who knew you could love a shoe horn so much you crazy girl! LOVE YOU!

Honeybee said...

LOVE it! All of these things I may not have known. But when you wrote them I knew it was you...if that makes any sense. :)