Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Water, water everywhere and not a drop I want to drink...

Okay, so before I tell the story that I'm about to tell, I have to just say that I'm completely addicted to Wicked. Seriously, the music is SO good. I've never actually seen the play, but I can't stop listening to it. Definitely the album crush of the month, for sure...

Anyway, so Friday night was absolutely hilarious...its about midnight-ish and I'm gettin ready to turn in for the night. Ashley is in the bathroom and all of a sudden, this is what I hear..."Uh Tara! The water is overflowing!" hahaha oh man...I go runnin in there and the toilet is seriously spewing out everything that it ever held. Luckily just water tho...not the other stuff. We try turning the water off with absolutely no luck. Well, okay, we turned it off but the water kept coming. Finally, it just randomly stopped and we spent the next while trying to soak up all the water that was in our apartment. I washed the towels and everything was hunky dory, right?

I told you that story, to tell you this story. Last night, me and a bunch of people decided to hit up the swimming pool for some 'good for the soul' swimmin time. I get back in to the apartment, put on some warm clothes while Ashley was showering and wrapped my hair in a, nice, clean towel. I went downstairs because some people came over to bond and as I was sitting there, I kept smelling this faint poo smell.... It was seriously nasty and it wouldn't go away. At first, I thought maybe someone tooted a little and didn't want to own up to it. So, instead of asking if anyone could smell that smell, I just suffered through it. About 10 minutes passed and the smell didn't go away so I thought something had to be goin on. Ashley came downstairs and I asked if anyone could smell the poo smell? Everyone said no but as Ashley started walking more towards me, she realized it was getting stronger. That's right...she followed her nose to my TOWEL! AHHH IT WAS SO NASTY. I ran upstairs and got the towel off my head and proceeded to smell the other towels that were used to mop up the nasty poo smelling water. Good thing all of my towels now smell like poo, huh? I tried washing them again today in hopes of getting the smell out but seriously...EW! Anyway, that's my funny story of the week. The poo towels are now famous across quite a few apartments in the ward. Man, how news travels! hahaha Good times in Provo...I did always say that I wanted to go out with a bang...I guess I got my wish! haah Siiiiiick...

4 comments:

Chris and Jenn Roundy said...

hahaha!! Poo-Head!! (wow, that made me feel about 5 years old) What a funny story! Thanks for sharing

Meredith said...

That is HILARIOUS! And who better for that to happen to than you, my dear little sister! Seriously, I can't believe no one else said anything and I can't believe you didn't know it was ON YOUR HEAD! So gross....did you get the smell out? You can always Google what gets the smell out of the laundry, I'm sure you'll find something. I was thinking vinegar but that might set it, I don't know, and you surely don't know that! Good thing you won't be home for a week! :) Hope you're having a safe trip...love ya, miss ya!

JA and co. said...

Haha! That's hilarious! I can only imagine what everyone was thinking as they're all sitting around wondering who the culprit of the poo smell was. Good times!

JA and co. said...

Howdy Tara!

(Sorry I'm sending this via the blog...I only have your BYU email and that doesn't work anymore. Can I get your new one?)

So I sort of have an odd request...

While trying to sort through and organize my pictures throughout the years online I sort of lost a lot of them...oops! Luckily I've been able to get back quite a few and I have hard copies of all of them, but I'm trying to gather together as many of the digital copies as I can (so as to avoid scanning all of them back in).

If you ever have a minute or two would you be able to gather together pictures of us starting with our Freshman year? I know it might take time, so if you're too busy than don't worry about it all (like I said, I have hard copies). But if you are able to, you could probably just burn them to a CD (I'll pay you back, I promise!) and I can either have my family get it from you when you go to Ft. Worth, I can have my family get it from you when they drop Kyle and Scott off at school in August, or I can get it from you when you move down. If there was a good way of trading them online that might work better, but I can't think of one right now besides MSN Messenger...(we could try that?)

Anyway, sorry to be a bother! Sounds like you've been having a fun time on all your trips...hopefully I'll get to see you soon!

Love ya!
Alicia