Monday, August 1, 2011

Hats off to Harry Potter!

As promised, its August so here is another blog entry. :)

I've reached a certain, dreaded milestone in my life. The one where I realize that there are no more new Harry Potter movies or books to get excited for. No more midnight showings and Barnes and Noble excursions. No more taking off work and living off of Doritos so that I can finish the book in as close to 24 hours as possible, with minimal napping. No more turning off my phone and changing my answering machine to let people know that I'm reading Harry Potter and can't be bothered, so I'll call you back when I'm done. (yes, all of these things happened multiple times). No more. No more. No more. So sad. So, in order to properly say goodbye, I have found this little Harry Potter survey to say farewell to a very large part of the last 10 years of my life. hahahaha so dramatic, but I don't even care! :) So, here it goes!

#1. Who is your favorite character?
Fred and George Weasley. Hands down. I like to imagine that if I were at Hogwarts, I would have been their friend. We maybe even would've been more of a trio than just the two of them. I would definitely be okay with that. I had a dream once where we went out to lunch together. It was awesome.









#2. Who is your least favorite character?
Dolores Umbridge. Her sick little chuckle makes me irk. Plus, she likes cats. That should tell you something right there.








#3. If you were one of the Professors who would you be?
Professor McGonnagall. She freaking rocks. Definitely top 5 in favorite characters.









#4. If you were one of the students who would you be?
Easy! Hermione Granger. Please see below :)












#5. Which one is most like you- Harry, Hermione, or Ron?
Well, seeing as how Hermione is the only girl, she takes the cake on that one. Plus she's a goody goody and I usually don't like doing things that would get me in trouble. Love her.

#6. Which house would you be in?
I was put in Hufflepuff once, but I was kinda mad about that. "Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders!" haha so lame. Gryffindor all the way!












#7. What position would you play in quidditch?
Probably the seeker. I'm better off staying out of all the action and having my own job that really doesn't have to do with a bunch of other people when it comes to sports. At least if you want to win, anyway haha.

#8. Which owl would you be? Hedwig the Snowy Owl, Errol the Great Gray Owl, Pigwidgeon the Little Owl, or Percy's Screech Owl?
Probably Errol. He flies into windows and such. Yup. That sounds like me :)

#9. Which would you bring to Hogwarts- an owl, cat, or toad?
Definitely an owl. Cats suck and I would probably lose a toad.

#10. Which subject would you be best at?
Probably potions. That would be fun.

#11. Which subject would you be worst at?
Ancient Runes. I'm definitely not gifted with that sort of stuff.

#12. Which store would interest you the most in Hogsmeade?
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. If that's where the Weasley twins are, that's where I'll be! :)

#13. Who would you want to go with to the Yule Ball?
This should be easy! Fred Weasley. He's my favorite of the two, but only by a little!











#14. Who would be your number 1 enemy?
Bellatrix Lestrange. Usually, I would say that us chicas gotta stick together, but she's ridiculous! I would like to sit down and pick her brain a little though to find out why she's so crazy!












#15. What would your patronas be?
Can a patronas be a penguin? I think mine would be. haha. Yup, pretty sure that's it.

There you go! Feel free to do it yourself. So good.

And in better news, look at how fabulously cute my new nephew is. Isn't this the cutest picture ever? He's such a little bundle of joy! I'm so glad he's here. It's weird to think of how things were before he got here. I can't wait for all of the fun memories I'll get to have with him too! I need to brush up on my ninja and Jedi skills :) Love you so much, Baby T! XOXO

4 comments:

Zarah said...

I feel like I've missed something, I didn't know you were getting a nephew. Congrats!

Love the post! Don't be mad but I haven't seen the last two Harry Potter movies yet.

Emily and Tim said...

Love it pants. Very nice. It was good to break down the movie with you, piece by piece and analyze. WE should do it again, after we both see it, again. Zarah!!! That is not ok!!! You have to see it! OK pants, miss you like crazy!!

Jen Bowen said...

Love you Tara! I'm so sad that no more Harry Potters will come out! Congrats on the nephew! I was also out of that boat as well.

Meredith said...

Ha ha, you are so random! I emailed you the pic of Ben's dad sitting on you so now you have something new to blog about! ;)